The Northwest Maritime Academy
is a marine and offshore training academy.
To train fisherman, merchant seaman and oil workers, NWMA provides services within a network of four vocational training centers in the Puget Sound region. All services are provided at the Main campus located in Gig Harbor or at the north campus in La Conner.
Sea survival training and certification services that take place on modern contemporary lifeboats and davits are conducted at NWMA Sea Survival Training Center located in Seattle Washington.
NWMA also shares certification training in partnership with a network of maritime schools including Seafarers Worldwide and Pacific Maritime Institute and is able to respond quickly and effectively to all matters relating to the development of jobs and maritime skills.
USCG and other Approved Courses
- Proficiency in Survival Craft Rescue Boat (PSCRB)
- STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft Limited
- Fast Rescue Boat (FRB)
- Water/Helicopter Survival Training (HUET)
- Basic Safety Training (BST) (Coming in 2017)
- Drill Conductor
- STCW Advanced Firefighting (Coming in 2017)
- STCW Basic Firefighting (Coming in 2017)
- Maritime First Aid CPR and AED Courses
- Able Bodied Seaman AB
- Facility Rental
Our Services include:
- Developing and conducting training courses
- Medical provider courses
- Marine survival courses
- Search and rescue courses
- Maritime security course
- Maritime English
- Oil and Gas courses
- Marine training for the leisure boater