- This event has passed.
First Aid CPR AED
American Heart Association’s Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course
To register for this course call our office at 206 659 7178 or Pat Boyle at 425 320 6441
The US Coast Guard (USCG) has approved the AHA’s Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course as meeting the USCG Elementary First Aid* training requirements of: Elementary First Aid per STCW Code Table A-VI/1-3; Elementary First Aid per 46 CFR 11.302 (a) (3) and 46 CFR 12.602 (a) (3); The first aid and CPR training requirements of 46 CFR 11.201 (i) (1)
Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED is an instructor-led course that teaches students the critical skills needed to respond to and manage an emergency until emergency medical services arrive. Skills covered in this course include first aid; choking relief; and what to do for sudden cardiac arrest. This course teaches skills with the American Heart Association’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback, and guide the students’ learning of skills.
In this course you will:
• Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
• Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
• Recognize when someone needs CPR
• Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
• Perform CPR with help from others
• Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
• Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
• Describe when and how to help a choking adult
*Also available to organizations for onsite training.