- This event has passed.
January 21st, 2017 AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers Class
January 21, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm PST$60
The American Heart Associations
BLS For Healthcare Professionals Class
(no first aid in this class)
Register at the bottom of the page
American Heart Association’s Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Course:
Designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner, and who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
Who needs the course?
- Dental Assistants
- Dental Personnel
- RN’s, LPN’s, CNA’s
In the classroom, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam.
Certification: American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers Course Completion Card is valid for two years.
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway*
- Video based course ensures consistency
- Instructor led, hands on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Student manual comes with new Pocket Reference Card, designed to provide quick emergency information to the rescuer at any time.
- Updated Science based content
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS for HCP Gig Harbor, Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia
- Dental Association CPR Classes
About Your Instructor:
Thomas resides in the Maritime Community of Gig Harbor, Washington. A former Assistant Director for Fremont Maritime Services/India Tango where he specialized in Maritime Safety and Response Training; Thomas continues to work with the United States Coast Guard/AUX as a COXSWAIN and former Division Staff Officer (SO-CS) in the 13th Coast Guard District, Flotilla Staff Officer (FSO-CS) in Communications.
Awarded the Meritorious Service Award in 2010 by The Commandant of The United States Coast Guard; Admiral Thad W. Allen.
Licensed Training Partner to The American Heart Association, The American Red Cross, ASHI and HSI-Medic First Aid
Captain Bliss “Thomas” holds the following certifications and qualifications:
United States Coast Guard Licensed Master
United States Coast Guard Approved STCW Instructor
United States Coast Guard Approved Search & Rescue (operational) level Instructor
United States Coast Guard/Aux COXSWAIN
Maritime Emergency Response Training
Small Boat Operations
STCW Basic Safety Training
Vessel Security Officer Training.
EMR-Emergency Medical Responder
ASHI/HSI-Medic First Aid Instructor
Red Cross First Aid-AED-CPR Instructor
American Heart Association BLS Instructor
NIMS/FEMA Incident Command Systems ICS 100, 200, 210, 700, 800
Certified Basic & Advanced Marine Firefighting
TTT From Pacific Maritime Institute